by Earl & Louise
slides my parents took between 1953 and 1981. There are over 850 slides, some in good
shape, some not in good shape. On the left, you can pick a set of slides to view. DEV
means 'Developed in that month.'
some questions you (mostly my family) might have:
Can I print
the images from the web page?
- Yes, but you may not get a good quality. I will be sending higher
quality images to everyone on a CD. I would suggest you wait until then. If you just want
to print them on your color printer, you could do that.
scanned images print a good picture?
- Yes, in most cases, but not all. If you REALLY want a specific (1)
slide printed, I might go to Eppersons to print you a copy. If you want multiple
slides, and want them printed in super high quality, Mom or I could send you the slides,
and then let you take care of it. I think Nancy is going to print some pictures from the
scanned images. You could wait to see how it works for her.
Why are some
of the images too dark/light?
- Setting the contrast and exposure for each picture takes too much
time. I make one setting and use it for all pictures in that group. From the image I send
to you, you could take that into your picture-editing program and make changes. Or, if it
is one or two images, I could re-scan them to correct for some problems.
come you didnt blow the dust off the pictures?
- Hey, I did. The dust you see is embedded in the picture. I really
dont have the necessary tools to clean the pictures better. They can be cleaned.
going to send me a thumbnail page so I dont have to go through each picture?
- Im glad you ask. Yes, I am. On the CD, you have basically the
same thing you see on the website.
of the pictures are reversed. Werent you paying attention?
- Yes, I was. Like I know which way some of the pictures should be
facing. If you can identify pictures that are reverse, please let me know! It is very easy
for me to flip them. I think this happened a bunch with the Klein pictures.
up with the picture named Image01704?
- Got me, thats the way it is.
When do I
get to see pictures that have me in it?
- It depends. If you have enough money, maybe never. Nancy and Dianne
should be very concerned; Ive been laughing the whole time. All us boys look just
fine. We werent the victims of fashion like the girls.
Are some of
the pictures out-of-focus?
- Yes, some of them are. I think I can correct it on a couple of the
images, but not many. The lack of focus might just be a lack of quality of the scanned
Why do some
of the pictures look bad?
- Well, they are lost to time and there may not be any way to restore
dont some of the pictures have the correct date of them?
- In many case after 1960, the date the picture was taken is not on
the slide. What is on the slide is the date they were developed. So that is how I identify
them. If you know the correct date, please let me know. I will be happy to change the name
of the folder.
Will I get
any narrative about the images?
- Depends. If Mom has time. Im trying to write down the ones
that have text written on the slides. The name of that file is slidelist.txt, which can be
found at http://www.mark-reynolds.com/earlandlouise/slidelist.txt.
- Dads description of the honeymoon slides, Ole Miss, and
Summer 1953 are in the images named: alist.jpg and alist2.jpg, in the 1953honeymoon
directory, although it may be out of order.
does this cost me?
- This service is free, as long as I get enough advertising revenues
and the market stays strong. Just kidding. Its all free. Dont send me CDs, I
this taking up all the space on your website?
- Not really. I have 1GB available, and Im currently using only
Just a list
of folders. Cant you make a cool website?
- I probably will once I get all the images scanned in and the CD
ready. There is a finite number of slides, so I will probably make the CD look very
similar to the website once I have time.
Where did Roger get that cool hat?
- I don't know, but I would like one.
Is this all
the questions I can ask?